Monday, July 14, 2014

Ballet

Emma's dance teacher didn't have a Spring recital this year, which was kind of a relief considering that it's such a busy time of year.  However, her teacher did invite parents to the final class before Summer break so that we could see the progress the kids made throughout the year.  I'm not delusional- I don't have Emma in dance classes because I think she'll develop into a prima ballerina (although I'd support her if that's what she really wanted to do.)   The reality is,  I pay for and drive her to these lessons each week because when she's dancing, she's truly happy.  She doesn't get caught up in perfection (actually she doesn't have much interest in anything that is even close to perfection.)  She's just fun.  She's sweet, beautiful, caring, kindhearted and loving.  And I'm not quite sure how she does it, but when I watch her dance with that cute little body, I see all those traits emanate from her all at once.  I love my Emma.






 

No comments: