Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Girls' Trip to Heather's 2013

Originally my mom, Shannon, and I had planned to fly to visit Heather.  But I had a major panic attack at the airport and couldn't get on the plane.  Thankfully, my loving mom and sister refused to go without me, and decided to drive the 10 hours to Kansas City with me.  For time's sake, it would have been preferable to take the hour flight, but it was actually so much fun to be in the car for such a concentrated amount of time, with two of my favorite people.  (Maybe my subconscious just wanted to spend more quality time with them?  Ha.)  We stopped off at a gas station right outside of Denver International Airport and stocked up on road trip goodies and off we went.  We drove through the night and I shared some of the most heartfelt conversations with both of them.  We pulled into Kansas City just as the sun was rising, and by the time we knocked on Heather's front door, we were downright slap happy.  It was a strangely perfect start to a perfect weekend.

We spent our time together doing our some of our favorite things...shopping, being silly, sleeping, eating yummy food, watching girly movies, and exploring the gorgeous fall foliage.  As cheesy as it sounds, we really didn't care what we were doing, because we were finally together.

The day after I got home for Kansas was a bitterly cold, blistery day.  I picked the kids up from school and we had a Mommy/Kid date at the book store.  We read spooky books and shared a caramel apple cider. It felt like I had died and gone to Autumn heaven.   I love this time of year.  I get downright giddy when I see the bright orange pumpkins lined up outside of the grocery stores.  I also love Fall because it's football season.  Not so much because I love football, but because going to Stephen's games gets me feeling all nostalgic about how much fun I had sitting next to the same guy I used to snuggle up to during our own high school football games. 
































 

No comments: