Monday, July 12, 2010

Father's Day

I know this is kind of a random shot- nobody is posing, but that's why I love it. This is my dad...totally comfortable with each of his children and grandchildren. They can cuddle him, and crawl all over him. I am so grateful for my dad. I love to write, and usually would put together some poetic paragraph about how much I love my dad, but no words would suffice other than I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOU DAD!


How lucky my babies are to enjoy the love of 4 grandpas...

who aren't afraid of being slobbered on...

I know it's customary for me to have brought Trenton breakfast in bed on Father's Day, but it didn't go down that way this year. He actually made some yummy breakfast and brought it up as I was getting Emma and Ben out of bed. We all plopped on Emma's bed and enjoyed the most delicious egg sandwiches together. This is especially meaningful to me because Trenton is kind of the "feeder" in our family. Don't get me wrong, I love to cook, but when it comes to day to day nutrition, Trenton is the man. He's gotten me through some pretty crappy times when food was the last thing on my mind. He'll get home from work and realize I hadn't eaten all day, and instead of offering to make me something which he knows I'll decline, he makes himself something delicious, sits next to me and takes a bite. Within minutes, we're sharing whatever treat he's made and I'm nutritionally satisfied. I love him.

And so do they...

There's nothing more attractive than a man who takes his responsibilities as a father so seriously that he prefers to be called Daddy.

Janet

No comments: