Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Our Deck

Trenton has been working SOOO hard building our new deck. I knew that would be the case from the moment I said, "Hey Trenton, I think we finally have the budget to build a new deck!" Immediately the wheels in his brain began turning and he drew, and re-drew plans for this deck as if he were the architect for the Taj Mahal. I would be talking to him and realize his eyes were glazed over and he would just blurt thoughts about the deck during movies, or church. Needless to say, I am glad that it is coming along so well-for more reasons than one. We have had so much help from Darrel, Tad, and Steve. We can't thank you enough. Okay-so here are some pictures of the progress.

 Looks okay from a distance as it was, but it was very poorly built, not up to code, and the wood was rotting. We are rebuilding with composite decking.
Tad and Trenton spent a Saturday ripping down the deck. I couldn't believe how fast it came down. Granted-I wasn't the one out there working. This picture gives you a better idea of the condition of the wood.


Trenton came home from work one day-he didn't even change out of his work clothes, and just started beating away at the concrete slab that was covered with this stupid AstroTurf. I guess pounding something with a sledgehammer is good way to relieve stress...and it was productive. He had it all broken in a half-hour!


Darrel and Tad helped Trenton with the foundation (I would have gotten a picture of Darrel too but he tends to flip off the camera).

Steve helped Trenton the last few days and so much has been done in such a short amount of time!
Getting there...
Major progress...
We'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks so awesome! Good job Trenton and gang! :)