Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Month of Love

We had a little impromptu photo session this morning. Trenton was not too happy about it because he has been sick the past couple days and couldn't think of anything he'd rather do less. That being said, he was a good sport. I just always feel this urgency to capture as many moments as I can while they're still so tiny. A feeling commonly shared, I'm sure, among all new moms.


Last night we went down to Jack Quinn's to see "Big Paddy". We enjoyed Irish music, food, and atmosphere. I felt like I was right back in Ireland enjoying my fish and chips and fresh mozzarella, basil, and tomato salad. It turned out to be a crazy night, but I'd rather not share on the world wide web.


Tonight, Steve's Mom, Carol, introduced us to "Maple Nut Loaf", which is the most amazingly delicious, caramel-like confection that has been a traditional holiday goody in their family for a long time. We made it around Christmas but I had been craving it since so I bribed them with supper and Carol and Judy came to help us make more. It's quite a process and truth be told, Trenton and Steve did most of the work. My favorite part is when you get to slather your hands in butter and mold the loaves. You then cut the loaves into little pieces and wrap them like you would homemade caramels. Or just break little bites off piece by piece before it even reaches the cutting stage...like we did. Thank you so much Carol and Judy for including us in the family tradition.


Before I'm finished, I have to mention that Trenton is such a good Daddy. I actually get really annoyed when I read blogs all about how awesome their lives and husbands are, and how well-behaved their children are. But I am such a hypocrite because I do have an amazing husband who is an amazing Daddy to our beautiful children. Okay...enough bragging for today.


Love,

Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Ben

No comments: