Sunday, December 27, 2009

Emma is TWO!

One of the loves of my life turned 2 on December 17th. My heart broke a little when I realized how far we've come in those 2 short years. I began the day blubbering as I no longer scooped her up out of her crib to take care of her every need. When I opened her door on her birthday she came barreling out of her room and headed straight for the bathroom yelling, "I have to go pee-pee!" She then proceeded to beg me to help her "Cook Mommy!" She dressed herself and barely needed my assistance when crawling into the car. Because Emma and Ben are exactly 20 months apart, they got to go to their well-baby appointment together. Emma ended up needing a shot after all and I hate to admit that a little bit of me was happy when my big girl clung to me like a little girl. You are so fun Emma. So fun and loving and gentle and adventurous. I may be sad that you're growing so fast, but I am even more excited to see who you'll be. Happy Birthday little heart.


We celebrated during the day by going to one of Emma's favorite restaurants- Fargo's. That's where we went on her 1st birthday as well!

Later that evening we went to the Airplane Restaurant and Emma had a blast. The cock-pit was open so all the kids enjoyed playing with the equipment and imagining they were in the sky. They seemed fascinated by the fact that we were eating in a real airplane. And the plane really does have a cool history that you can read on their website- http://www.solos.com/.

Laurie made Emma her first Barbie cake. Emma, of course, loved it! We took her to the store to choose all the things for her party so it was definitely a hodgepodge. We had airplanes hanging, bright blue plates, Elmo cupcakes, a bubble machine, and a Barbie cake. Sounds like a party to me! Thanks to everyone that made her day so special. She continues to enjoy all the fun presents you spoiled her with.


HAPPY SECOND BIRTHDAY EMMA!

No comments: