Monday, May 11, 2009

It's a Boy!

For any of you who don't already know...We found out a few weeks ago that we are having a baby boy. I have all of the quintessential ultrasound pictures with the arrows pointing to the important bits and pieces, but our scanner isn't cooperating. Anyway, I'll get those posted ASAP for those of you who have been waiting patiently. To go along with the good news, the most recent ultrasound revealed that my placenta previa has corrected itself and we are back in order for a smooth pregnancy (fingers crossed). I am 23 weeks along, or six months, and experiencing every typical symptom- and then some. The doctor did say that the baby was measuring bigger than expected, about two weeks to be exact, which I couldn't have been happier about. I hope this baby has read the books and understands that by mid-August, I'll be more than ready to meet him. Although, if this baby had read the books, he'd know that he should have stopped making me sick several months ago, tums should actually help with heartburn, and I should have only gained the recommended 10-12 pounds so far...Ha!
Pregnancy does a lot to you...but above all, it helps you appreciate the mothers in your life. Really mom?...You did this six times?!?

To my priceless Moms...Happy Mother's Day

As for the pretty little lady who made me a mom...

You are perfect in every way. I am humbled to be the woman responsible for helping you reach your potential here on this earth. You are so beautiful, smart, and funny. You make me laugh, out loud, every day. I may not ever be able to make popcorn pop on the apricot tree, but I will do whatever I can to make all your other dreams come true!


Trenton and I have been busy. Trenton is still working full-time and going to school, and I am enjoying teaching and spending my days with little Emma. One of Trenton's favorite things to do during his free time is work outside on the yard, and Emma has inherited that joy as well. Here she is "helping" in the garden.
Her personality is awesome. I'm not lying when I say she makes me laugh every day. I wish I had her easy-going attitude and could enjoy life like she does. Her newest...she uses the big-girl potty (not that we're attempting potty train her yet) when she has to go #2! She has also grown to adore animals. When she sees any furry friend her entire little body lights up. She has successfully escaped from our house, crossed the street, and taken an unaccompanied trip to the park, and she loves to pat my tummy and say "baby". She has four molars coming in at once and still finds the strength to laugh. She gives real, purposeful hugs and kisses now. She is almost 17 months!
I hope you're all doing well and enjoying the warmer weather. Until next time,
Love,
Janet

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Emma is getting so big! I'm so excited for you guys to have a boy! Hope to see you later this year! :)

Mel said...

CONGRATS on the boy! Every girl needs a brother I think. You are lookin good girl!