Friday, September 5, 2008

I'll Be Seeing You Summer...

It dawned on me today, as I was wrapping Emma in a blanket for her nap and zipping up my sweater, that it's almost time to say goodbye to one of my favorite seasons...and hello to my absolute favorite! It has been unseasonably chilly the past few days and the weather even inspired me to hang an "Autumn Wreath" scented Yankee freshener in my car. Before I compose a full five-paragraph essay on why I love Fall, I'm going to catch you up on how we've been spending these last few waning weeks of Summer.

HP had their summer work picnic at Sky Sox again. It was so nice to not be pregnant this year and actually enjoy all the yummy food instead of gag at the smell of...everything. Emma had fun with her buddy Nora.


Laurie, Diana, and I thew Patti a bridal shower at Laurie's home. Here are a few of us standing under the "pantie-line". The dish in the middle of the table is full of this raspberry, angel food cake, cream trifle that Laurie makes that is to die for...and you don't feel so guilty because it has fresh fruit in it.





Tate had his "bachelor party" camping trip with his brothers but it rained so heavily that they came home a day early. Emma was so excited to have her uncle Tate there to play with her. In this picture she was banging on her formula can like a drum with my nail file.

My sister's and I decided to have a girl's trip over Labor Day weekend. We went and stayed in Denver, walked the 16th street mall, had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe, enjoyed the Botanic Gardens on Saturday, and then met up with the fam at, none other than, Casa Bonita.
Yes...that is cheese in a can and a box of zingers that we're enjoying. What you don't see is the wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables we were eating too. Okay I'm lying- we just had the zingers. We walked it all off though at the Denver Botanic Gardens. That place is heaven on earth if you get the chance to make it there.

If you grew up in Colorado, went on a field trip in the last 20 years, or just happened to pass through the shadier areas of Denver, you've probably been to- or at least heard of- Casa Bonita. I was so excited to take Emma to a place that I'd enjoyed every year since childhood. It was fun and I've learned that it's an even better experience when you just skip the meal and go straight for the sopapillas and honey.

After enjoying the Balloon Classic on Monday- Trenton and I made it a point to squeeze every last drop out of our Summer by taking Emma, Hunter, and Hayden swimming with Shannon. It was so warm! Later we had a BBQ at our house and got to enjoy Jessica Cruzan's company along with her two boys. That's one thing I'm really going to miss about summer...hanging out on our deck.
Emma has been growing so quickly! She has sprouted the other bottom front tooth, plays "So Big", claps her hands to patty cake, crawls, cruises, and climbs the stairs. Since she sees me teaching voice and piano lessons, the game she loves most is to bang on the piano whenever she gets the chance. She shakes her head no, and says "Dee-Doo", "Mamamamama", and "dadadadada". Even though I try desperately to expose her to Mozart, Bach, and Mendelssohn-her true love is dancing to Jack Johnson and SheDaisy. Her favorite food? Pickles!



Emma hates when I'm on the computer. She has learned that all she has to do to get me off of it is to close it. I guess I'll have to start sitting at the desk and using the fancy workstation that Trenton insists I don't appreciate enough.




Until next time!

Love,
Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Gary

1 comment:

Rmomof3 said...

Your little one is precious! 2/3 of our blessings go to dance with your niece. Your sister (in law??) told you were going to help her start a blog - so I asked for your blog addy!
Have a blessed day!
Renee