Monday, June 9, 2008

Babies Reunited...On the Outside...

This weekend we had a reunion for our Lamaze class. It was so fun to see all those darling little babies on the outside of their mommy's tummies. It is weird to think that only five or six months ago, these babies were rolling and kicking on the inside! It seems like yesterday that we were all waddling into the hospital, with our pillows and ice-chips in tow, waiting with frustrated/excited anticipation for the scariest experience of our lives. We learned together, watched gory childbirth videos together, and most importantly...ate yummy food together during a time when food was the hottest topic on every one's mind. The reunion was fun, and thankfully, all the mothers and babies were healthy. Emma was a little social butterfly and constantly felt the need to touch any baby she could get her hands on. She's very lovey...but you aren't hearing any complaints from us. Look at all those babies!

Emma is growing beautifully. She has fun playing and seems to really be enjoying the warm weather. We have a park directly across the street from our house and she likes going there everyday...although I think I enjoy it more.

Cute little Redheads!


I take Emma with me everyday to the gym and she loves playing in the "child-watch" with all the other babies.



Emma is sitting in front of the flowers Trenton planted last year that have recently come back up. Before I met Trenton, I was one of the most impatient, instant-gratification-type of people. And to a degree, I still am...like I hate ordering on the Internet, and if I buy a pack of gum at the checkout, I have to open it before I even leave the store. But Trenton has taught me the power, and fun that can come from being patient. I watch him as he plants bulbs into the earth and cares for the many house plants and admire his faith in the growth cycle. Since I tend to kill anything green, I am always skeptical when something is planted, but not Trenton...he just keeps watering, and pruning, and before you know it...we've got a garden!

Happy June!
Love,

Janet, Trenton, Emma and Gary

No comments: