Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I Love the Month of May

Oh how I love the month of May!  Partly because it's my birthday month, but mostly because it's so beautiful outside. The flowers are blooming and it's truly a joy to drive around this town with all the pink, purple and white blossoms on the trees. I love how the breeze makes those blossoms lightly drift...like heavenly, warm snowflakes. I also love May because it's a month of general excitement. It's when people are graduating from school, going to prom, celebrating Cinco de Mayo and Mother's Day and breaking out their shorts and sandals. May is when we start leaving the windows open more frequently, and waking up to the sound of sprinklers and lawnmowers on Saturday mornings. Or, in instances like today, you wake up to the comforting smell of rain. May is when strawberries, watermelon and avocados are more than plentiful and you trade the synthetic warmth of "inside" for the organic heat of the afternoon sun.

At the end of April I held a birthday party for my dad-68, and Jessica-7. My dad was mostly excited about the Barbie bag that we wrapped his present in. Overall I think they had fun.
Last Friday we had the opportunity to attend Autum's graduation. She got her certificate in Pharmacy Tech from Remington College. You could tell she was excited...and like most graduates...ready to get on with things. Along with graduation, we got to enjoy a visit with Julie... all the way from England.


In celebration of Emma reaching four months and the fact that she was watching with unbridled desire as I ate my meals, her doctor suggested we begin giving her rice cereal. She loves it! Surprise...surprise. And, though I'm not sure the two are connected, her hair has been really growing. Maybe I'll start rubbing rice cereal in my hair at night and see what happens...It's always such a to-do when it comes to feeding her and so little actually ends up in her tummy. Maybe Americans wouldn't be so overweight if we ate more like children. Eating a quarter of the meal, rubbing another quarter on our faces, and throwing the other half on the floor. It would be a messier world...but a healthier one.

She loves to help with the whole feeding process. This could either concern me (obsessive- compulsive, control-freak) or make me proud (self-sufficient, miss-independent). She's been a busy girl. She loves to play in her exersaucer, roll over and FINALLY back over on the floor and she has even learned to sit by herself (with me right there beside her of course). She's such a happy baby. When I go to get her in the morning, she is all smiles and giggles. Oh...that's new too, she truly laughs now. And it's usually at the silliest things, like when we wipe her clean after she spits up.


Until next time!

Love,

Janet, Trenton, Emma and Gary

No comments: