Saturday, August 15, 2009

4th of July, Babies, Birthdays and a New Romance!

The last couple months have packed more busyness and excitement than I think any of us are used to. On the Fourth of July our family went for a bike ride again. Emma was a very different baby this time around, and seemed much more interested in getting out of her stroller and playing at the park than taking a jog with Trenton. She was also much more timid around the ducks than she was last year. I don't think she had a traumatic bird incident within the year, but you never know. This is a long post, but I promise if you stick with me until the end you'll get a happy surprise (I won't be hurt if you skip to the end).

Here I am with Patti a week before she delivered her beautiful baby boy. Wyatt Richard Schlosser was born on July 15, 2009. He is such a precious baby with the prettiest, longest eyelashes I have ever seen! I have to admit, it was fun being pregnant at the same time as Patti...she was always genuinely interested in talking with me about morning sickness and swollen ankles.
Heather and Shannon threw me an adorable baby shower for our little boy. The theme was farm animals...to match the baby's room. The food was delicious and I felt very loved by all of the friends and family that took time out of their busy lives to spoil the baby and me.


We celebrated Trenton's 27th birthday at the end of July by having a BBQ and playing sack toss at his Mom's house. Emma tripped and had her first real bleed. Her bottom tooth went through her lower lip and my first reaction was to give her a fudgesicle. It both distracted her and numbed the pain which only proves my long standing point that chocolate truly does heal all wounds!In spite of the restrictions this pregnancy has placed on me, I made my best attempt to be sure Emma got to enjoy a sunny, watermelon filled, sunscreen smelling Summer. She got to have water play with her cousins, picnics in the park, and plenty of quality time with her Daddy. Another new development is that Emma is sleeping in a "big-girl" bed and absolutely loves it. She hasn't wanted to climb in bed with us once...yet...I'm sure.
Just to give you a quick update...Yesterday I began contracting every 2-3 minutes and they didn't go away this time. We went to the birth center and they said that I was dilated to a 4 and 60% effaced. They gave me the option to check in and get this show on the road, but I asked if I could do my laboring in the comfort of my own home. I continued through the night and decided to head back to the hospital to check things out. I am now 4.5 cm dilated and 90% effaced with a good contraction pattern. The nurse said my bag of waters was bulging and she could feel his head! They didn't keep me though because I guess my uterus just isn't moving quickly enough for them and we'd prefer to keep the baby in at least until Thursday when I will be 37 weeks, or what they consider to be full-term. One of the nurses commented that it's rare to see a mom who has just been sent home leave with a smile on her face. I'm just happy we've made it this far, considering all the work it took to keep this little guy safe, and that in all reality, my labor is almost half way over before it's really begun! I guess all we can do now is wait and see, but I have to thank everyone that has been so helpful during this time. You all know who you are and you're the best!
This was me dealing with labor pains last night...

 I got a lot of work done in the baby's room the day before yesterday. Maybe there is something to this nesting phenomenon.
On to the most exciting news! This is Shannon with her new boyfriend Steve. He is a really great guy and Shannon is happier than ever. I could go on for days about my excitement for them and where I think this relationship is headed, but if you really want to know more, ask Shannon!


Hopefully my next post will include pictures of a brand new baby boy!

Until next time!

Love,
Janet, Trenton, Emma, Baby, and Gary

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Janet... I just wanted to let you know that I've ready your post completely and I think it's very cute! :) I love you!
-Shannon

Anonymous said...

Oops! I mean... ready your post... :)

Anonymous said...

Gosh... I'm sorry... it's midnight! Once again, I mean... read your post!

Becky and Steve said...

I got to see Shannon with Emma yesterday. She is very cute. Plus I met Steve and he seems really nice and Shannon is on cloud nine yesterday.

Leslie said...

Yay! Hope he's here soon!!!