Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I used to secretly loathe my mother for going anywhere outside of our home in her curlers and bathrobe. I would say to myself, "Why? Why mom, do you have to embarrass me this way"? But this morning I woke up to the sound of the garbage truck and I thought, "surely Trenton put the trash out before he went to work. Especially since we forgot last week and it's now overflowing". I still hopped up to check and he hadn't. At that moment, I abandoned all self-respect and past bathrobe hatred and threw my fluffy pink robe on, sans hair curlers, and a pair of mismatched shoes. As I'm hurrying to pull the gigantic trash can to the curb, I'm doing my best to keep my robe closed in the wind and maintain some sort of dignity. I then look up to notice my neighbor, warming up his car...watching me. The only choice I had was to wave, smile, and make an apology call to my mom. Oh-and I had missed the garbage truck- so it was all in vain.

Last weekend we had our family Halloween party at Heather's house. We bobbed for apples, decorated cookies, made caramel apples, and had a costume contest.

Last night, we all went over to my mom's to carve pumpkins. My parent's always go all out when it comes to decorating for Halloween and it was fun seeing Emma play with the toys and decorations that I used to enjoy when I was a child. Our little ghost enjoyed squishing her fingers in the pumpkin guts...who doesn't?








Have a happy, safe, and candy-filled Halloween!
Love,
Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Gary

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey guys! Looks like you had a fun Halloween. I am planning on being in the Springs for Thanksgiving. I will only be there for 2 days, but maybe I'll be able to see you. Miss you!