Wednesday, August 20, 2014

End of Summer Festivities

All good things must come to an end, I guess.  About two weeks before school started, I sat down with the kids and we came up with an end of Summer bucket list.  A few of those things included going to the Pioneer Museum, having a lemonade stand, swimming, making an ice-cream watermelon bomb, having a glow stick bathtub party, and having a BBQ with their cousins.

I didn't plan it this way, but we ended up going to the Pioneer Museum on Pioneer Day.  They had all sorts of kid friendly exhibits set up, and I was impressed with how much Emma and Ben wanted to learn about primitive history.  The flowers surrounding the museum were gorgeous!  I would go back just to walk the grounds.




























One of the things I'm going to miss most about summer is all the fresh and seasonal produce.  Everything smells and tastes so much sweeter this time of year.

No comments: