Sunday, November 23, 2008

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

We had a great weekend! On Friday we went over to Deanna's parents' house for a traditional German feast and the annual "Cranberry Cutting". Deanna's mom takes an entire day to bake cranberry bread and the cranberries cannot simply be thrown in the food processor. They must be hand cut and with the amount of cranberries she needs...that would take days. Years ago, she began trading an unbelievably yummy meal for help, and you won't see anyone complaining. Emma had so much fun and she felt as comfortable with that "Oma" as she does with her own Grandmas.


I have been especially tired lately. It's not like I've been particularly busy or overwhelmed, but by 7, I'm ready to hit the hay. Tonight I wandered downstairs after my bath and Trenton had made dinner for me. What did he make you ask? Well, I'm happy to report it was neither ramen nor spaghettio's. It was a warm, stick-to-your-ribs, Autumn meal of stuffing, grilled chicken, peas, and cranberry sauce! Look at how he beautifully arranged it on the plate and he even served my Crystal Light in a wine glass. I must have been a saint in a previous life to deserve him. Maybe all the Food Network shows he grudgingly watches with me are rubbing off on him.


Emma has begun standing on her own. She is still so very unsure of herself, but each day she progresses toward that confident woman living inside of her. I am so proud of my soon-to-be 1 year old.






"My Cup Runneth Over"...
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Janet, Trenton, Emma, and Gary

1 comment:

Ruth Worthington said...

What tremendous blessings! :) It looks like you had a wonderful weekend - great lead into Thanksgiving. Give everyone our love, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving full of laughter, love, and amazing food! :)
Love,
Ruth